Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Tenderloin Two-fer

Ahh, the Tenderloin.... Walking through several blocks of urine-scented sidewalks, sprinkled with crackwhores and empty 40s makes arriving at your destination that much more special.

Since the DICS are the kind of people who can handle the trek, we journeyed to the Loin last week for some classy bourbon drinks at Bourbon & Branch. Of course, we had to make a pit stop at Shalimar to get some sketchy-yet-delicious Indian food to pad our stomachs beforehand. After that tasty prelude, we headed across the street to B&B, gave them our password, and were seated at a comfy booth in the dimly-lit (in a good way) establishment.

I have only recently discovered that I like bourbon, and for me, this trip to B&B was a big success. I think I might have to say that I love bourbon, especially when mixed into a sexy little cocktail. This could be dangerous. My fellow DICS were equally enamoured with the drinks at B&B, so I think we might need to visit again soon.

No comments: